My name is Michael Kimani. I shape opinions and provide strategic leadership on how blockchains and cryptocurrency will shape the future of Africa through training, workshops and thought leadership.
I draw from my 6 year of experience working on some of Africa’s most interesting and pioneering projects.
I facilitate learning experience in the form of training, workshops and classes on blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and financial markets independently, and with partners such as Centonomy and Intel College.
My collective experience spans multiple roles across innovation planning, marketing, business development, advocacy, community management, training, customer service, and communications.
I am grateful for the opportunities to work with world class teams, at the frontier of the blockchain and cryptocurrencies, digital financial inclusion and the digitization of Africa’s informal economy. Some of these projects include
- Bitpesa, Africa’s first digital currency remittances and online payment gateway
- Emerging Futures Lab, a design and innovation strategy studio
- Zippie, a blockchain platform for next gen web applications
- Umati Blockchain Ltd., East Africa’s first digital asset brokerage desk
- Chamapesa, a social savings groups platform using blockchain elements
- EOS and ECAF, a high performance blockchain platform and its dispute resolution body
- Blockhain Association of Kenya, a non-profit society advocating blockchain for East Africa
- Cryptovest, an all round blockchain media company
- Tollbridge, a learning experience design studio
Thought Leadership & Opinion
My compelling thoughts on East Africa’s emerging web economy, digitization of East Africa’s informal economy, Fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency have attracted opportunities.
- To participate at industry events as a panelist and speaker across East Africa such as Africa Tech Summit, Connected East Africa, What’s Next Fintech, African Blockchain Conference, World Blockchain Summit, Fintech Summit and others.
- To be featured on dozens of local and global media outlets for his relentless efforts advocating cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies such as BBC, CNN, French TV, K24, Fast Company, QZ Africa, Daily Nation.
I share my thoughts and opinions on my blog, my twitter and regularly contribute to the Kenyan wallstreet and other publications that will have.
My academic training includes an Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering Undergraduate degree from JKUAT, Certified Professional Accounting (CPA) and Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CISA) certifications from KASNEB and the Kenya College of Accountancy.